Audio
5 Minutes at the Top of the Hour
Latest news stories from around the world brought to you at the top of the hour
Listen Now »News
View More »Two Estonians arrested in $575M cryptocurrency fraud
( ) -q-29- UNDATED (Correspondent Jeremy House) “and luxury cars.”
U.S. authorities say police in Estonia have arrested two men accused in a half-billion-dollar cryptocurrency fraud.
[CutID: <Cuts> CRYPTOCURRENCY-ARRESTS-house-q-TUEam.mp3
Time: 29s
Title: CRYPTOCURRENCY-ARRESTS-house-q-TUEam
Out-cue: and luxury cars]
TAG: Correspondent Jeremy House reporting. The two are in custody in Estonia pending extradition to the U.S.
————————-
VERBATIM: An indictment unsealed in U.S. District Court in Seattle charged 37-year-old Estonian citizens Sergei Potapenko and Ivan Turogin with wire fraud and conspiracy to commit money laundering. Prosecutors say they tricked hundreds of thousands of people into buying contracts for a cryptocurrency mining service called HashFlare. The men are accused of using shell companies to launder the $575 million and to purchase real estate and luxury cars.
- OECD forecast: High rates, inflation to slow world growthTue, Nov 22, 2022 at 9:54 am
- Australia ratifies free trade deals with India and BritainTue, Nov 22, 2022 at 9:51 am
- AM SPORTSCAST 11-22Tue, Nov 22, 2022 at 5:40 am
Greg Clugston SRN News White House correspondent
View More »
No Trump tweets yet after being restored by Twitter
No tweets yet from Donald Trump after Twitter reinstated his social media account over the weekend. CEO Elon Musk restored the former president’s account after conducting a poll among Twitter users. Trump was banned from Twitter after the January 6th attack on the U-S Capitol in 2021. It’s unclear whether the former president will actually return to Twitter. He has said in the past he would not rejoin, instead relying on his own, much smaller social media site, Truth Social.
Listen Download- Bidens to celebrate Friendsgiving with U.S. troops in No. CarolinaMon, Nov 21, 2022 at 9:50 am
- Holiday activities kick into high gear at the White House this weekSun, Nov 20, 2022 at 6:00 pm
- Biden admin wants MBS shielded from Khoshoggi lawsuitSun, Nov 20, 2022 at 7:07 am
Bob Agnew SRN News U.S. Senate correspondent
View More »
Weekly Jobless Claims Hit Highest Level Since August
The Labor Department reported Wednesday that 240,000 people applied for jobless aid last week, up by 17,000 from the week before.
Listen Download- Tesla To Recall 300,000 Vehicles Over Taillight GlitchSat, Nov 19, 2022 at 2:14 pm
- Ohio Governor DeWine Says School Choice a Winning Issue For GOPThu, Nov 10, 2022 at 4:15 pm
- Parties Scramble For Georgia Senate Runoff On December 6thThu, Nov 10, 2022 at 4:11 pm
Bernie Bennett SRN News U.S. House correspondent
View More »
McCarthy Calls for Mayorkas’ Resignation
***MCCARTHY-MAYORKAS-
House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy called on Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas to resign over his handling of the U.S.-Mexico border, saying that GOP lawmakers will consider impeachment next year if he does not step down. More on this from Congressional Correspondent Bernie Bennett.
McCarthy said at a press conference in El Paso, Texas, on Tuesday, “If Secretary Mayorkas does not resign, House Republicans will investigate, every order, every action and every failure will determine whether we can begin impeachment inquiry.”
McCarthy cited the Department of Homeland Security head’s statements to Congress that the border is under control, record border crossing numbers and his ending of the “Remain in Mexico” asylum policy instituted during the Trump administration as reasons for resignation.
McCarthy was nominated by House Republicans to serve as Speaker in the next Congress last week during a closed-door vote.
Bernie Bennett reporting.
Listen Download- Two Explosions Rock JerusalemWed, Nov 23, 2022 at 1:27 pm
- Alaska Election Results RevealedWed, Nov 23, 2022 at 1:25 pm
- A Wal-Mart Employee Kills Several in Chesapeake, VAWed, Nov 23, 2022 at 1:22 pm
Michael Harrington SRN News religion desk editor
View More »
San Francisco unveils a controversial program
San Francisco unveils a controversial program
VERBATIM: It’s called the “Guaranteed Income for Transgender People” initiative and it will provide a monthly payment of 1200 dollars to poor people who are transgender. The application just came out and it has prompted some raised eyebrows. The document offers over 130 gender and sexual orientation options, encouraging applicants to “check all that apply.” Critics say if the city wants to make payments to low income residents, it should do so without favoring transgender people. Michael Harrington, SRN News.
Listen Download
- A victory for parental rights in MichiganFri, Nov 18, 2022 at 9:02 am
- How do you feel about Drag Queen Story Hour?Thu, Nov 17, 2022 at 9:16 am
- A same-sex marriage bill is in the works in CongressWed, Nov 16, 2022 at 10:06 am
Business
View More »AM WALL STREET BUSINESS REPORT 11-23
AM WALL STREET BUSINESS REPORT 11-23
Listen Download- WALL STREET BUSINESS REPORT 11-22Tue, Nov 22, 2022 at 5:41 am
- WALL STREET BUSINESS REPORT 11-21Mon, Nov 21, 2022 at 2:55 am
- WALL STREET BUSINESS REPORT 11-18Fri, Nov 18, 2022 at 5:42 am
Sports
View More »- AM SPORTSCAST 11-21Mon, Nov 21, 2022 at 5:38 am
- AM SPORTSCAST 11-18Fri, Nov 18, 2022 at 5:39 am
- AM SPORTSCAST 11-17Thu, Nov 17, 2022 at 5:39 am
